Underwater is one of the Field Effects. It appears in battles that occur when the player has used Dive outside of battle.
Transitions from other terrainsEdit
- Pokémon that are not Water type and do not have the ability Swift Swim will have their Speed reduces to 1/4
- Fire type moves will always fail
- Ground type attacks deal additional Water damage
- Water type attacks increase in base power by 1.5x
- Electric type attacks double in power
- Weather will have no effect
- Water-type Pokémon no longer resist Water-type attacks
- All Pokémon that are weak to Water under normal conditions take type-scaling damage at the end of each turn, unless they have Magic Guard or Swift Swim. Pokémon with Flame Body or Magma Armor will take twice as much damage.
- Water Veil will cure all status conditions of the bearer
- Dry Skin and Water Absorb will gradually restore HP
- Swift Swim, Hydration, and Torrent are all activated
- Water Pulse will increase in power by 1.5x in addition to to the previous 1.5x boost it receives from being a Water-type move.
- Dive will only last one turn
- Whirlpool deals 1/6 of the target’s HP per turn rather than 1/8 and confuses the target
- Sludge Wave will double in power
- Nature Power becomes Water Pulse
- Camouflage changes the user's type to Water
- Secret Power may lower attack
Transitions to other terrainsEdit
This field will transform into a Water Surface if any of these moves are used: