Glitch Field is one of the Field Effects.
- Special Attacks will instead use one stat, the Special stat. If the Pokémon’s Special Attack stat is higher than its Special Defense, the Special stat will use the Special Attack’s value, and vice versa. The Special stat will calculate both the damage output by a special attack and the damage received from it, functioning as both the Special Attack stat and the Special Defense stat.
- Dark, Steel, and Fairy type attacks deal Normal damage instead.
- The split between types and category of moves in Generation 4 is undone. All damaging Water, Fire, Ice, Grass, Electric, Psychic, and Dragon moves are considered special moves, regardless of actual category, while all Normal, Fighting, Flying, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost, and Poison moves are considered physical.
- Critical hit chance increases by one stage if an attacker is faster than its opponent
- Psychic type moves increase in power by 1.2x
Type Chart ChangesEdit
- Psychic types are now immune to Ghost type moves
- Dragon type moves always deal neutral damage
- Poison types are now weak to Bug type moves
- Fire types no longer resist Ice type moves
- Bug types are now weak to Poison type moves
- Blizzard is set to 90 accuracy
- Rage locks the user into the move indefinitely
- Metronome will never choose a move with less than 70 base power
- Explosion and Self-Destruct halve target’s defense
- Nature Power becomes Metronome
- Camouflage changes the user's type to BIRD
- Secret Power may lower speed
- The effects of the glitch field essentially revert all battle mechanics to those in Generation 1. (with the exception of Dark, Steel, and Fairy types, as those were not introduced until later)
- The BIRD type does not appear in any situation outside of using Camouflage in this terrain.